KimMae's Open Book

The unimportant thoughts and ramblings of Kim.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day

Yes, it is true, I am associated with, not to mention related to, a family who does all their Christmas jollies on the days preceding the actual Christmas Day. And yes, while I'm being honest, I do go to a church for whom the doors will be closed on Christmas Day. I am not ashamed of my family's habits or that of my churches but what does concern me is the alarmingly large amount of boredom I feel on this auspicious day. Now to be sure, I am not to be pitied, I have my fill of Christmas cheer too. All the necessities of Christmas are involved; presents, fire, games of dirty Santa played with distant and not so distant family, Saturday Christmas service and the like. But when the day of Christmas arrives, there is nothing left for me to do. I sit, I read, I go to see a movie (that itself saves me from complete and utter despair), I read some more and now I'm here writing these words at 8:30pm contemplating how going to bed this early would effect my REM cycles. And this day, to many, the highlight of the year! Well to all those with such a busy Christmas day schedule I must say I am borefully content. I have no obligations, no guests to entertain, thank goodness no babies to tend to, I have the right and ability to be bored. I am 25, I have two significantly younger cousins, one is married and expecting a baby in the new year and another who is married with two young children. I say NO and EWWww to it all. I started off this post with an air of self pity and woe but I have reminded myself of something very important. I should be okay with being bored on this holiday, not okay, delighted in fact. Bring on the boredness, the latter is infinitely more terrifying I must admit. Well, now that I am most happy with myself I think I will go to bed and enjoy the rest of the Christmas day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home