KimMae's Open Book

The unimportant thoughts and ramblings of Kim.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

It's All about ME- Unfortunately

I've discovered, thinking about my plans for the new year that, already a lot of my money and my time have been accounted for. This shouldn't disturb me, actually I should be quite happy really, I do have big plans for this next year but I'm perplexed. I see a trend, habit really, already set for the new year of Me-ness and it's evading both my time and money in a fashion that would concern even the most self-indulgent person. I have big plans to go on a backpacking trip during the summer, a trip with a good friend in April to the Caribbean and a hope to get my own apartment in town. All these things are very exciting for a girl like myself whose current situation has her still occupying the upstairs room in the ol' family home, a limited history of traveling adventures and a growing itch to explore what's "out there". Still my perplexity continues, my new year's resolution (I have honestly never really been one to set resolutions-)is to invest both my time and money in ways to serve others because I sure have planned out ways to serve myself quite luxuriously. Now this doesn't mean I am going to cut out all my plans- that would be absurd....right? But it does mean that what is left of my time and what is left of my money (this is sounding bad)will be used to serve others, no let me change that to something less lofty, lets just say...it will be used on something or someone that doesn't include me. How does that sound? Honest, hopefully, honest. Now, how to do that? Well this must include some planning of its own. I think my google search engine will be shocked; instead of the usual clothes searches, travel searches, jewelry searches, outdoorsy stuff searches I will have to search for...for...well I don't know. Luckily, I still have some time to explore this "non-me-ness" new years resolution. For now although, I am content in my perplexity- I want "me-ness" to disturb me, to change me to someone I haven't met...yet.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, How fun! It is good to see you online! If you are ever in my neck of the woods (Inman Park / Virginia Highlands) I hope you will let me treat you to lunch or a cup of coffee!

John Coleman

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Lacie said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! & thanks for visiting me!

I felt the same hesitation about pouring out my thoughts on the web... but I have found a great sense of creativity & freedom in doing this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home